Sunday, September 23, 2007




Last night me and some of my friends watched La Dolce Vita. I had heard about it for forever, I had the vague notion that it was about an actress and the paparazzi and the meaninglessness of life or something along those lines. I also knew that Lindsay Lohan had a tatto inspired by it.




Unfortunately, I had no idea what was going on for most of it. I even accidentally watched the introduction by Alexander Payne. I feel like it's one of those pieces of art (I think the Beatles are in this category also, at least for me) where if you take it out of time context, it seems a little unimpressive. But in its time I'm sure it knocked the socks off of everything else on the market.


Julie fell asleep in the recliner, Cassie went to her room in the middle of it, and I zoned in and out, between listening to the massive party upstairs and the English subtitles. Oh well, maybe in a couple years I'll give it another shot.

1 comment: