Thursday, September 27, 2007

What I'm Cooking, pt. 2: Noodles with Scallions, Shiitake Mushrooms, and Snow Peas



This is another recipe from Nigella Lawson's How To Eat, and it was awesome. A really simple dish - basically stir-fry with egg noodles. I love food, I love the way it feels, I love learning about it. I've been feeling really up and down with my emotions lately (besides an awesome, week-making conversation this morning) and cooking connects me with some woman-ness in me and calms me down. Now I know why my mom likes it so much, it just feels good.

Lets hope the pasta keeps for a couple days. My dishes always look like hell three days later.

Oh, and the food was just so beautiful when I was chopping up the ingredients. I had to use Oyster mushrooms instead of Shiitake because that's all they had at HyVee.









No comments:

Post a Comment