Friday, October 26, 2007

What I'm Cooking, pt. 4: Ratatouille

This is another Nigella Lawson recipe. I wanted to make it because I hear it's kind of English, because of the movie (which I didn't see but kind of want to), and because it had a bunch of vegetables that I don't eat enough of. Well, it was kind of gross. I mean, you can only expect so much of stewed vegetables and so I guess it fulfilled that low level of goodness.

I did end up learning a lot about how to prepare vegetables. Specifically (okay, this is a fruit) how to peal (that word looks weird - peal) tomatoes. You actually submerge them in boiling water for a couple minutes and pull them out and the skin just slips off. Like magic. It's amazing. If you have some tomatoes that you don't care about sitting around, I recommend trying it. Very entertaining.

So the dish wasn't all that good but I got some sweet pictures of tomatoes and other stuff.

1 comment: