Wednesday, December 12, 2007

J/K!



When I misread the headline for this article I took such a deep gasp of (I thought) joy that Nina asked if I lost my paper or if something else disastrous happened (actually, ironically, I did lose a paragraph about a half hour later when my laptop decided to restart randomly). But no, it was initially a gasp of joy. I thought the headline read ' JK Rowling reveals Beedle stories: JK Rowling has premiered a collection of fairy tales which she first mentioned in Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows at a reading in London.' Well, I guess that is what the headline read, I guess I just wildly misinterpreted it to mean that there will be MORE books from Rowling. I still firmly believe that there will be (why send a cash cow out to pasture?) but I guess not right now.

She did write seven copies of 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard', one of which will be auctioned for charity, and the other six distributed to some lucky folks close to Rowling (sounds a bit like Charlie and the golden ticket, doesn't it? - somehow a copy will get copied onto the internet or fake copies sold on the black market for fantasy books, etc.).

Well, I'm still waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment