Monday, December 10, 2007

SETI, etc.



My brother Cris told me about a program called SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) that comes out of Berkeley. It's a program that goes onto your computer and uses your idle time (when a screensaver normally pops up) on your computer to search for UFOs. Yeah. It works off of a program that you download called BOINC, which has links to multiple other programs like SETI, some are searching for more prime numbers, some are looking for patterns in the spread of Malaria, some are working on predicting the effects of global warming, some are doing something with proteins that I didn't understand, but all need your computer to help.

Well, I downloaded it. I got SETI and 'Predictor at Home' which had something to do with DNA that sounded worthwhile. There are about 15 options to choose from. No one can say that I'm not doing my part.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderfull,please go to www.casadosucesso.blogspot.com and www.totalbrazil.blogspot.com
    Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete