Sunday, January 13, 2008

Carla Bruni



Gosh, I love the high schoolers that I work with at my church so much that it hurts sometimes. Augh. Well soon enough, I'll be back here for good. I'm just waiting for my allure to wear off, when they stop listening to what I have to say because I'm not a novelty anymore, and I'm not just visiting.

The Krew room got flooded (again) this morning so we couldn't have sunday school and a couple of us met at starbucks instead. A bunch of old New York Timeses were scattered on the tables and I picked up the first one that wasn't about sports or politics. "The French President's Lover" the headline read, with a shot of Sarkozy being very cozy with a woman too beautiful for him. Carla Bruni, is that you? As in Carla Bruni, the one with the voice? Check out her album - especially the songs "Quelqu'un m'a dit," "Raphaël," and "Le toi du moi"...they'll take your breath away.

My favorite line from the article was: "Can Indian officials invent protocol to accommodate a First Sleepover Pal?"

word to look up: polyandry - a marriage or relationship with one woman and multiple males.

1 comment:

  1. It lets me upload the pics but then it doesn't add them to my post!!! It is so weird.

    ReplyDelete