Saturday, January 19, 2008

Dang It

St. Louis just installed a couple video cameras to catch people running red lights, and one of them is right by the Loop - at Delmar and Skinker. Well, I was one of their first victims. Now, I wasn't running a red light, technically. I was just turning right on red and apparently didn't make a complete stop. They offer picture and video evidence on their website, and I can't get the video to load, but here are the photos. The fine is $100. Suck. I'm the red car, so you know.




This is the second ticket I've received this week. The first was on South Grand outside Dunaway Books (which, by the way, is not worth checking out - the website is way too generous) for not being inside the marked spot on the street. Gah. I don't want to drive any more.

My Dad is incredibly sweet and constantly defends me. He brought up the point that we could contest the ticket on the grounds that I was trying to get away from the shadester on the street at 12:30am. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. man, marta. i'm sorry to hear that. on a lighter note, i wrote to you at the end of my blog. :)
    i hope you have a good sabbath despite the silly traffic laws.

    love

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha that's hilarious. that sucks.

    ReplyDelete