Sunday, March 16, 2008

Columbia Peace March

Here's the KOMU coverage of the 1,000 strong march for peace today in Columbia.

And...Julie and I are in the video (briefly). I think this is the first time I've ever been on TV, pretty exciting. And for a good cause.


Here are some of my pictures:

Shaking and drumming down 9th Street.


There were Journalism kids from Mizzou everywhere. I swear, everything in Columbia is very well documented because of the J-school. At one point he was hovering near a woman and she started yelling and riling up the crowd, almost because he was there. It reminded me of a part in Don DeLillo's White Noise, when there's a disaster somewhere but no news crews come and one of the characters says something like "Where were all the cameras? It's like it didn't even happen this way!"

2 comments:

  1. Some sweet pictures by one of those photoj students:
    http://anjalipinto.blogspot.com/
    friend of a friend's blog...

    ReplyDelete