Monday, April 7, 2008

I'm Glad I Found You: World Values Survey


Inglehart-Welzel Cultural Map of the World (worldvaluessurvey.org)


There's such thing as a World Values Survey?! Awesome.

"
The World Values Surveys were designed to provide a comprehensive measurement of all major areas of human concern, from religion to politics to economic and social life and two dimensions dominate the picture: (1) Traditional/ Secular-rational and (2) Survival/Self-expression values."

This stuff is fascinating to me, I believe that one's values are very influenced by the culture around them. I don't believe that maps like this are exactly true, or completely representative. I do think that they can be very helpful and quite interesting. Values and culture are very related to personality and type, I think. My Dad has an idea for a book that would describe the culture of each country on the planet through the Myers-Briggs type indicator. I think France is ISTP.

No comments:

Post a Comment