Wednesday, April 9, 2008

So...I got a perm


this is my first time posting something from my camera phone - i think it turned out pretty well.

I think I'm actually saying the words "jheri curl" to Emmy on the phone here.

...and today.

Do people even get perms anymore? Is it still 1984? Yeah, well, it's my senior year and I'm bored. Let's go get a perm. It took 2.5 hours of sitting with rollers and dangerous chemicals in my hair to end up with a jheri curl (a la Rick James) afterwards. Now it's kind of awkward curly/flat. Oh well, they said they'd re-do it for free if it didn't take. I'm still going through the cost-benefit analysis of going back to the salon.

8 comments:

  1. marta, i just love you!
    i think your perm is cool.
    muah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. get that biznas fixed! you can't only have a perm for 1 day! you have to make it last!!!! at least a week marta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I permed my hair last year...I really liked it, at least until it started growing out! I did it at home too which smelled really bad

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOUR HEAD SMELLED LIKE BURNING FLESH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats not even a tight perm , more of a body wave .. jheri curl my butt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute results and you looked good in perm rods. I'd like to see you go a little tighter next time.

    ReplyDelete