Saturday, June 14, 2008

Credit Cards


(brokencredit.com)

Now that I'm done with college, a lot more financial responsibility is necessary.

I have two credit cards, one American Airlines reward card and one cash back bonus something-or-other card. I used to just have the American Airlines card until I read an article called "The Lowdown on Rewards Cards" in Real Simple. It seems that with most airline rewards cards, one must charge more than $7,500 a year to make the whole thing worth it. I'm not sure how to figure out if I do that or not, but my free financial tracking website Mint.com is pretty helpful, but I've only had them tracking my purchases since November.

This whole credit card thing is pretty uninteresting to me overall, but do I feel the need to have a good 'credit score' - whatever that is. I feel like magazines like Real Simple are helpful and stuff, but sometimes they can get me too paranoid about saving money in every area of my life.
Whatever, I'll think about this later.

1 comment:

  1. nice call on mint dot com! I just signed up and am starting to see how great of a resource its gonna be! thanks!

    ReplyDelete