Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Costco vs. Sam's Club Throwdown

A new Costco recently moved in close to where my parents live. I have heard a lot of good things about Costco, and it always impresses me when a brand (or TV show, or whatever) creates rabid fans. Costco, Apple, the Wire (TV), LOST (TV)...I think I might just follow the cult fans around and enjoy what they like.

So, my parents are Sam's Club members and have been for as long as I can remember. I have heard that Costco has a great ethnic foods section and are more ethical towards their employees, so I am in the process of creating a PowerPoint presentation for my parents on why they should switch. In case you are wondering about this epic battle of the wholesellers, here's a killer article on Costco vs. Sam's:

USA Today: "Costco wins loyalty with bulky bargains" by Julie Schmit, (Sept. 2004)

3 comments:

  1. Good for you!

    Sam's Club is an ugly sociopathic anti-life megacorporation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Show a little backbone, Costco has higher prices...why would you follow a group of people who spend more for the same exact thing? Talk to your parents, they shop at Sam's because they are smart.

    P.S. for the last persons comment, Costco is a megacorporation too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the last person's comment, she wasn't ragging on them for being a multi-national corporation as much as she was ragging on them for being an ugly, sociopathic, anti-life multi-national corporation.

    ReplyDelete