Friday, July 11, 2008

I have a cool sister-in-law: Liz Kueneke


RebuildingRome.com

My sister-in-law, Liz Kueneke, is an artist based out of Barcelona, Spain. She is called a psychogeographer and works in cultural cartography, most of her art installations have to do with how people view the space they live in. My favorite piece of hers to talk about is the one she did for the city of Barcelona. I probably don't have all of the facts right but she collaborated with other artists in Barcelona to create a large map of the neighborhood and people would walk by and interact with it. She had markers for people to put on the map, to change the map, to make it their own. Markers such as "I got mugged here," "I fell in love here," "I used to live here," etc. I love this idea. (see pictures of the project here)

Her most recent project is with the city of Rome. She has gathered people's thoughts on various spots in Rome on MP3 and made it into a biking tour of Rome - much like the headsets one wears in an art museum, with a voice explaining each piece. At various spots in the city, a voice will come on explaining what that place meant to them, and how they think of Rome. The picture above is the bike map for Rome. It's an awesome idea.

Liz Kueneke artist page

Eternal Tour - Rome
Rebuilding Rome

1 comment:

  1. marta!!!! YOU are a cool sister-in-law! Thanks so much for saying all the nice things about me work! you´re so cool. see you soon I hope!
    liz

    ReplyDelete