Thursday, September 18, 2008

Adventures in feeling dumb

Youre a Wolf - Sea Wolf

I got a speeding ticket last week for going 23 miles over the speed limit.  It was on a highway (44 and Kingshighway for St. Louisans) where the speed limit was 55 and everyone was going 70.  I was going 78.  Whatever, I deserved it, but I was late for work.

So I got a number from DP's girlfriend Kristen for a lawyer who takes care of tickets for $60 plus whatever court fees there are.  Awesome.  

I call him up yesterday and he calls me back an hour later and explains that I need to send in a check for $60 plus a copy of my ticket.  Red flags go up in my mind.  "So, how do I, you know, make sure that this will, you know, work?"  

He says: "How do you know that I won't take your $60 and run for the border?  I didn't spend $140,000 in getting a law degree to steal your $60."

"Um.  Right.  Thanks."

All I can say is being poor makes you irrational.  

This has nothing to do with the Sea Wolf song other than that I like them right now.

1 comment: