Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New Job

I started a new job today, after quitting my previous job as a waitress after a week. I quit because I couldn't sleep for three days while I was training - I was so stressed out. All the details and that there seemed to be zero margin for error...it ended up that the only reason I would keep on working there was for the money. And we all know that's a bad idea. Allie and I went to lunch at a different location of the restaurant on Labor Day and it seemed ridiculous how stressed out I got at work. I mean, how hard is it to get someone's pizza for them and make sure their water glass is full? I guess it was just a bad fit for me right now.

So I started my new job today at a florist and it seems to be more of a fit. They're very very laid back there and I have always wanted to have a broad knowledge of flowers and plants. My grandma would always be able to tell you what kind of plant was what and if it liked the sun or shade. Amazing. Here are my two faves so far:


Cherry Brandy Rose - call me corny but this is my favorite type of Rose. It looks neon, like it is lit up from inside.


Coxcomb - like a velvet coral/brain, but pretty.

I'm definitely into the more sculptural flowers and plants - most of the ones I have around the house are succulents (kind of like cacti - you only have to water them every other week). My favorite is my String of Pearls cactus.

No comments:

Post a Comment