Friday, October 10, 2008

St. Louis Fashion Week


miacro

My genius friend Jessie is currently unemployed and wanted to go to St. Louis Fashion Week ($35/ticket) and so called up the organizer and volunteered herself all week. I got the opportunity to volunteer last night and saw the miacro, Wrath Arcane, and Humanity for All shows for free.

miacro (women) and Wrath Arcane (menswear) were stunning and really exciting. Humanity for All was stupid in the Juicy Couture/Ed Hardy way.

The cutest thing of the night was talking to a miacro model after the show going home with her parents. She couldn't have been older than 16 and still had braces.

I was talking to a girl at the (free) bar who works for Clear Channel and she said that she had been to a show earlier in the week called Goodwill. The designers took all clothing from Goodwill stores. You can see a slideshow (here).

My roommate Sharon was there last night and is going to the Apple Bottoms show on Saturday. Unfortunately I can't make it, and can't fulfill one of my life dreams of meeting Nelly.

The whole thing was overseen by Attilio D'Agostino, owner of ALIVE Magazine.

Probably the most exciting thing of the night was seeing how cool and legitimately fashionable St. Louis can be. This kind of stuff renews my hope in my backward, racist city.

1 comment:

  1. Last night, sitting in a movie theater, there were two girls beside me wearing Uggs, pink Juicy track suits, Ed Hardy tank tops, and they were texting on bedazzled Sidekicks. I nearly punched their lights out and told them to get their fuzzy pink asses back to LA.

    ReplyDelete