Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Third-World Diet

Since I'm kind of poor lately, I thought it would be a good idea to start eating like a poor person.  Groceries and gas take up most of my money each month (because I'm thankfully living rent free right now).  I'm a huge fan of Indian and Northern African food anyways, and they usually have to eat on the cheap because of economic issues.  So I thought I'd follow suit.  A great recipe site I've found is Vegetarian Recipes Around The World, which has many types of cuisine, mostly from third-world countries - right up my alley.  

Recently I have made Indian Curried Peas (which were kind of sweet - I forget that there is a different kind of palate in many places in the world.  The sweet and sour thing isn't too popular in the US) and Ethiopian Lentil Bowl which I made yesterday and am about to heat up.

Paired with these is some jasmine rice and the best naan I've ever made (numerious unsuccessful attempts have been made at making indian flat bread).  Here's the recipe: Naan - Allrecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment