Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween: Bon Qui Qui



The inspiration: Bon Qui Qui

I decided to be Bon Qui Qui about a month ago after seeing the video (thanks to Meghan for showing it to me along with Anjelah Johnson's other funny video).  It's kind of a weird thing, dressing up like a youtube video character (I guess, technically she's a MadTV character) for Halloween.  She (or this character, rather) is a microcelebrity.  

Also, another theory about Halloween costumes: it's only cool if you are (a) a pun - like "I'm partly cloudy with a chance of showers" (like my roommate Allie was) or (b) put a lot of time and effort into being a true representation of your character.  Like a friend of mine in Columbia dressed up like Oscar Wilde to the T.  Very impressive and cool.  

7 comments:

  1. love it.

    read stuffwhitepeoplelike
    it talks about halloween. white people love that kind of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marta, we're doing the king burger skit for club this week. When I googled "characters in Bon Qui Qui" your blog came up. You are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, where did you get the King Burger shirt? Or how did you make the emblem?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! How did you find that shirt, I'm going to be her for Halloween and I can't find it to save my life!!
    Please email me at alanedz@Hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, I am trying to figure out how to do the logo and can't find it anywhere. can you tell us where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just printed out the regular burger king logo and cut out the two words and switched them and taped it together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could get iron on transfers from Michaels...or you could get white felt and draw the logo your self with sharpies.

    ReplyDelete