Friday, November 28, 2008

most popular girl in middle school

OMG

So I just put two and two together and realized that I have been in the same room with Robert Pattinson, the guy who played Edward in the movie 'Twilight.'  

Here's the story: While at English L'Abri in the fall of 2006, some friends and I took a weekend trip up to Edinburgh and Glasgow.  Our friend Alison showed us around her home town Glasgow.  She took us to an open mic night in a cool basment bar and this guy in a leather jacket swaggered in.  His hair was deranged and he sat down with a guitar under the spot light.  He jammed out a song that was okay and said fuck a lot.  My friend Alison leaned over and said, "That's Robert somebody or another, he was in the Harry Potter movie."  

Being a huge Harry Potter fan, I remembered thinking that the Quidditch captian was pretty hot and was impressed and pleased with myself that I had seen the actor.  The best part of the story for me was that when we arrived back at L'Abri, we told our friend Lauren about the sighting and she confessed that she had written Pattinson fan mail.

So, thank you Robert Pattinson for doing more with your carreer so that I can be popular with middle school girls.  I appreciate it.  

1 comment:

  1. I remembered someone I knew had seen him play and said he wasn't good but I couldn't remember who. If only you had known then you could have taken a facebook picture that would make girls heads explode now.

    ReplyDelete