Monday, December 15, 2008


Brooklyn (We Go Hard) (CLEAN) - Jay-Z Ft. Santogold

things worth discussing: 
 - the background sound sounds eerily familiar.  I can't place it (not the bass, but the flute-ish sound).
 - Jay-Z's sudden caribbean accent (eg. thang = ting?)
 - meaning of this lyric: "mama never had an abortion but papa sorta did, I still managed to live"

thanks to (red)wire for this.

* okay, i remember what the background music reminds me of: Madonna's 'Hung Up' which samples ABBA's 'Gimme, Gimme, Gimme' - am I right?

** also, read Ailsa's comment.  Smart girl.  

1 comment:

  1. The meaning of the lyric is, I believe, that his dad aborted him by never allowing Jay-Z to exist as his child.

    Reminds me of Taalam Acey's piece "Metaphysix" based on "If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?" He asks if a man has a kid he doesn't even acknowledge it, does it really exist?

    ReplyDelete