Monday, December 1, 2008

flashbacks from middle school:

Turn your lights down low (album version) - Bob Marley ft Lauren Hill

In my eighth grade english class, we were studying poetry and had to write original poems.  I misunderstood the assignment, thinking that we were just supposed to turn in some poetry that we enjoyed.  I turned in Lauryn's lyrics:

Loving you is a like a song I replay
Every three minutes and thirty seconds of every day 
And every chorus was written for us to recite 
Every beautiful melody of devotion every night 
It's potion like this ocean that might carry me
In a wave of emotion to ask you to marry me
And every word, every second, and every third
Expresses the happiness more clearly than ever heard 
And when I play them, every chord is a poem
Telling the Lord how grateful I am cause I know him 
The harmonies possess, a sensation similar to your caress
If you asking then I'm telling you it's yes
Stand in love, take my hand in love, Jah bless 

No comments:

Post a Comment