Monday, December 1, 2008

One Man Guy

One Man Guy - Rufus Wainwright

I was listening to this song on my fave radio station today, 89.1 The Wood, Lindenwood University's radio station. I've listened to this song before and I think owned it at one point (Napster probably).  I had always assumed that Rufus was talking about how monogamous he was, being openly gay.  But after listening closely there's another story.  If I ever gave a talk at Krew about selfishness or the necessity of depending on others I think I would use this song.  Rufus is so great.  

"I don't know why I'm a one man guy
Or why I'm a one man show
But these three cubic feet of bone and blood and meat are all I love and know"

"I'm gonna bathe and shave
And dress myself and eat solo every night
Unplug the phone, sleep alone
Stay way out of sight
Sure it's kind of lonely
Yeah it's sort of sick
Being your own one and only 
Is a dirty selfish trick"

1 comment:

  1. I'm passionately in love with him and I'm seeing him live in T-minus seven days!

    ReplyDelete