Tuesday, January 20, 2009

stripper heels and classism



these shoes rock and would be that new item in my wardrobe that would instantly match a million outfits and make them cool again.  i also know that most people would think they are weird but also would kind of like the way they look a little bit.  i think i want my entire wardrobe to be like that.

there's a (really crappy quality) pair like this being sold at Body Central at the mall.  Body Central.  I went in there with my friend from high school, Nancy, when she was in town from colorado.  They look like stripper heels.  Here's a picture of them from gojane.com. 

Also, while I was in Body Central, I found out that a girl we graduated with from high school had been manager there for three years.  Also, I found out that the stupid shoes were $30.  And, that one of the ex-high schoolers from my youth group has been working summers there for a couple years.  Maybe she can hook me up.  

I felt kind of awkward saying that I was in graduate school to my classmate who didn't go to college and was in kind of a crappy job.  I couldn't really tell if the awkwardness was on my part or hers.  Is there a good way to say that?  Should I have been self-deprecating to soften the supposed blow?  Also, I don't know about her life.  Maybe her life rules in comparison to mine because she loves crappy clothes and is in love with someone or something.  Who knows.  

No comments:

Post a Comment