Monday, February 16, 2009

discovery



While at Mizzou, I would steal concert posters from around campus.  When bands would come through, they would contact the Mizzou art department and get one of the student designers to make them a poster.  As I collected posters, I found that my favorites were made by Ben Chlapek (www.neversleeping.com).  

One of the things I have hanging in my bedroom is a thick piece of cardboard that I found in the screenprinting room in the art department at Mizzou (top picture).  The screenprinting students used the thick cardboard to test their screenprint on before using it for their project. 

While browsing through neversleeping.com, I came across Ben Chlapek's poster for the Mountain Goats and realized that he used my board.  Funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment