Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Red States, throw your hands up!



So, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss won the Grammy for Album of the year.  We've been listening to this album at work for the past month or so and it rocks, I have to admit.  However, I totally thought that Lil' Wayne or Coldplay was going to win.  For sure.  I mean, I admit that I do not read the entire breadth of media produced in America.  But I did not see this coming.

I feel like in some ways them winning was similar to the Bush victory in 2004.  People were like, "uhh...who are these red state people?"  The Lil' Wayne and Coldplay fans (aka my friends and myself) watching the Grammys were like, "Who are these Robert Plant and Alison Krauss fans??"

update: after looking at the history of Grammy album of the year wins (here), it makes a little more sense why Lil' Wayne or Coldplay didn't win.  Those Grammy judges have a soft side, and it's kind of their only side.  

update part two:  I think I'm going to buy the Raising Sand album.  

3 comments:

  1. I had never heard of them and didn't watch the Grammys. I did download them & listening to the duet right now. Bluegrassy? Country? Folky? I'm not sure. I hope they sound like Nickel Creek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I the only one who thinks Alison Krauss is starting to look like Mickey Rourke??

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. No fair no fair! I refuse to have Robert Plant compared to a red state! He's British Cock Rock Royalty!

    ReplyDelete