Sunday, June 7, 2009

Country Music


Bring It On - Trace Adkins

I've never liked country, I just wasn't raised on it.  I don't think it's any less quality of art than the other popular genres of music.  It has the same lack of creativity and unabashed marketing ploys as pop, hip hop, and indie, which I listen to.  

I was driving back from dropping Allie at the airport in Destin, scanning the radio in the silver 15 passenger youth group van.  The lyrics in this song got me.  My roommates and I talk a lot about men and relationships and it confuses and interests me that a guy could see it as an inviting challenge to get over the walls a girl has.  

Also, when I showed Allie (who listens to country) this song she said that the lyrics are a little more believable coming from Trace Adkins because he's legit country and isn't one of the pop country pretty boys.  

No comments:

Post a Comment