Monday, June 14, 2010

I love Miranda July

Miranda July does everything and she does everything cool-ly. Here's a review/interview with her about herself and her installation/performance at the Venice Biennale. Here she is interviewed by Dave Eggers:

"Dave Eggers: As someone who works in different media, when you see or hear something you think you might work into an artwork of some kind, do you automatically know which medium it’s destined for?
Miranda July: Usually I do. I write down the idea in my notebook, and then I put a little letter in the corner of the page in a circle. S for story, N for novel, M for movie, A for art, P for performance, B for business. This makes me sound totally rigid. I am also lots of fun! Totally wild! Party!"


"Khaela Maricich: What is something that you have learned during the past 10 years?
July: I at least got a toehold on how to fight. The kind of fighting where I listen. I don’t agree, but I listen. And, like it or not, listening changes you"

I love her. If you get the chance, check out the article and look through the slideshow of her installation. There's one where there are three podiums that say "Guilty," "Guiltier," and "Guiltiest."

Interview Magazine: "Miranda July"

No comments:

Post a Comment