Friday, September 21, 2007

Lucille Clifton poems

Homage to My Hips
these hips are big hips.
they need space to
move around in.
they don't fit into little
petty places. these hips
are free hips.
they don't like to be held back.
these hips have never been enslaved,
they go where they want to go
they do what they want to do.
these hips are mighty hips.
these hips are magic hips.
i have known them
to put a spell on a man and
spin him like a top

poem to my uterus
you uterus
you have been patient
as a sockwhile i have slippered into you
my dead and living children
nowthey want to cut you out
stocking i will not need
where i am goingwhere am i going
old girlwithout you
uterusmy bloody print
my estrogen kitchen
my black bag of desire
where can i go
barefootwithout you
where can you go
without me

No comments:

Post a Comment