Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Joy! An Ethnic Food Store!



While I was over at the Kelly's last Sunday they were talking about an ethnic food grocery store in Columbia and I stopped dead. I've been looking for one for the past year or so to no avail. I went to it yesterday and stocked up on PG Tips, Hummus, and Pita. They have basically an entire side of an aisle dedicated to tea. And the other side is all sauces. I almost cried.

It's called World Harvest and it's kind of overpriced, but it's behind Gerbes at Nifong and Providence. You can actually get there through the Gerbes parking lot. I'm so pumped.

Today I'm going to make Nigella's "South Beach Black Bean Soup" and I've been soaking the black beans all night. I've never done that before, makes me feel very homey. Oh, and it's not South Beach as in the diet (never!) but the area - it's Miami, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment