Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Last Semester Countdown



Well, I signed up for my last semester of classes at Mizzou yesterday. Kind of weird. I feel like I've taken the majority of classes that I've wanted to take but more keep on popping up in conversations. Like, I didn't know that there was a class just on Chinua Achebe offered here by a guy who knew him personally. Apparently it's terrific. Oh well.

Biological Sciences: Basic Environmental Science + Lab
- well, (surprise!) I had to take a Science with a lab as a requirement for my major, so this looked like the most interesting one.

Human Development and Family Studies: Adolescence and Young Adulthood
- I've been trying to take this class since I was a sophomore and it was either full or not offered the semesters I could take it. I'm pumped. Allie and Claire were both HDFS majors and liked it a lot.

Plant Sciences: Home Horticulture
- YES, so excited that I'm taking this. I am almost positive that it won't be as cool as I think it will be, but whatever. I just hope that I will be able to name some plants. My Grandmama (Dad's mom) could always tell you which plant was which and had a sweet backyard. I just want to have a garden at some point in my life. When I was at L'Abri I loved going outside and picking something off of a plant for people to eat that night. When I got there I couldn't pick out a lettuce plant in the garden and one of the workers asked if I was a city girl.

Rural Sociology: Global Perspectives and Realities
- this is being taught by a professor that I have right now for 'Culture, Change, and Trends' He's a really interesting guy who has been to basically every country. He has an economics background which makes any discussion interesting. He said this class was basically a guide on how to live overseas. Sweet.

Next Tuesday I meet with a dude to sign up for graduation. It hasn't really hit me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment