Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Top Gear


I was watching BBC America (which means I'm better than you) last night and I was watching the show 'Top Gear,' which is apparently pretty popular in the UK. It's hilarious. I haven't laughed out loud and that hard at a show since the 2nd season of 'The Office.' I don't know how you can, but if you can, check it out.

While I was in England this time last year at L'Abri, we got The Guardian at the Manor House and one day Luci, the artist in residence, was reading it was like "Oh no!" The headline read "Top Gear Presenter 'Nearly Died': Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond has revealed he was "close to death" after he crashed in a jet-powered car." (here's the BBC article)

Well, Richard Hammond is adorable. And it would have sucked hard core if he would have died because he's wonderful.

The basic premise of the show can be described in how Hammond almost died:
"The 36-year-old had been driving a 300mph jet-powered dragster when it veered off the track at Elvington airfield, near York, in September." -- It's like 'Mythbusters' except funnier and on crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment