Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Nerd Crush: Jared Cohen



In the Talk of the Town in the Nov. 5 New Yorker, there was an article on Jared Cohen. I fell in love. The guy has done more before 26 than I will do in my lifetime.

"Jared Cohen, who was born in 1981, joined the State Department's Policy Planning Staff as its youngest member. Having completed a degree at Stanford, won a Rhodes Scholarship, and earned a master's in international relations at Oxford, Cohen helps advise the State Department on 'counter-radicalization,' youth, and education, with a special emphasis on the Muslim world. Last week, Penguin published Cohen's book - his second - 'Children of Jihad: A Young America's Travels Among the Youth of the Middle East.'"

That's hot.

4 comments:

  1. Weird. As I was reading down the list I got distracted and thought I was reading my resume. But then I was like, "What? Second book? I've only published one..."

    Easy mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marta---I love, I love, I love your honesty. It's beautiful--and according to your little snippit on Jared Cohen, he is beautiful too!!

    By the way--I think I'm going to NYC too!! Yeah baby--round two. This is one of those vulnerable moments where I say "I am so excited to get to go with you again on another trip." and then where I hope you're thinking the same thing too! Love, sb

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. vulnerability only is when there is any risk involved. i'm really excited about going to nyc with you. it'll be a blast.

    ReplyDelete