Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Speaking of Stephen Colbert, this was supposed to be my first post


Originally, I was going to take over Marta's blog Stephen Colbert style (see article), make one brilliant post, and then never do it again. But (1) Marta said she wanted me to post all the time (rather than relentlessly send her stuff to put on her blog), and (2) I am not nearly as brilliant as Stephen Colbert.

My brother-in-law got I Am America and So Can You for Christmas last year, and I died laughing just reading the cover/back. For the author bio photo, Colbert has an illustration of him as the Hulk standing on a beast with the American flag. I mean seriously, he is on comedy crack.

So PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU, read this article, probably the SINGLE GREATEST ARTICLE I HAVE EVER READ IN MY LIFE. No exaggeration. It's pure gold:
NY Times, "A Mock Columnist, Amok"

Also see makemeamerica.com if you are "interested in a game of nation building." Oh, Stephen.

No comments:

Post a Comment