Monday, March 9, 2009

spring.

Sometimes I don't think I get nature. Maybe it is becuase I live in Missouri. The midwest has its natural beauty, for sure, but I am not one that naturally enjoys it. The midwest thoroughly enjoys using the color brown in its palette, so much so that I am led to despair.
Lying in bed this morning, trying to wake up for the second time, I started thinking...what if I don't like nature that much because it is in the process of being redeemed? It is not to its fullest glory yet, it too was affected by the fall (as seen in our pollution of it). However, many people find God through nature, so it still packs some punch.
It's probably just because it's the midwest.
These guys in my yard gave me some hope today. The yellow-ish stuff was growing under a cement block (used for questionable purposes - it's right next to an old dog-run leash). Way to go, guys!



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment