Thursday, October 8, 2009



I don't know that much about black people hair, but I feel like this topic, "Good Hair," has been discussed before in pop culture recently. But it may be one of those topics that needs to be constantly addressed, just like being comfortable with your body type.
I was walking across campus with a black girl at seminary yesterday and talking about hair. I told her I feel kind of insecure talking to black people about my dreads. She agreed that some people don't like it when white people get them. Crap. Fears confirmed.
She also said something interesting. For some black women it takes $500 every six weeks to keep up their hair. That's rent.

1 comment:

  1. I love your transparency, your quirky sense of humor and your desire for the world to be as it was originally intended. You bless me. Now when are we getting that tea?

    ReplyDelete