Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Day Has Come!

I'm sooo pumped that (I have found out that) Kindle can now support library loans.  This very well might have been available for ages.  The last I heard about it was an article from April saying that Kindle was going to make it happen before the year was out.  Sooo glad.

My first check-outs?  The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis (ebook) and Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer (audio book for the ipod).

I'm especially excited about the latter, actually, because I've been burning through Planet Money, To the Best of Our Knowledge, and This American Life like it was my job.

For those in the St. Louis region, hop on over to http://overdrive.slcl.org/  Enjoy!

I feel like Amazon did a poor job at PR on this one - the top hit for articles is from E-Week.com?  Also, the article tells me, Amazon announced this on Sept. 21st.

Helpful Amazon page on the rules of lending (here).

No comments:

Post a Comment