Friday, September 30, 2011

I want to work for these people: Counterpoint

As I'm beginning to look for a job in London, I literally searched "culture think tank london" and up came a bunch of boring organizations and then...these people, Counterpoint.  Sigh.  I'm in love.  Unfortunately, they are clear across town (and it's a big town) from where J and I are looking at living.  What to do.

In the mean time, I want to read up as much as I can on what these people do.  Their organization has produced papers on two of my favorite topics: cloud computing and the inner workings of cultures.  Lovely.  Honestly, if I could make a perfect organization, this would be it.  They research cultures in order to advise companies and organizations on trends, the impact of policies, and social movements of countries in which they are/will be working.  My favorite!

For me: links to read the articles later. (available for download onto a kindle!)
Cloud Culture
The Inner Lives of Cultures

Other organizations to check out:
Commonwealth Foundation
Chatham House
Demos
Centre for European Reform

No comments:

Post a Comment